Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Island

I added a few more updates to the D100 Rumors about Island of the Unknown. I'm starting a new tabletop game soon (first game in a year!) and I feel like it might end up taking place on the Island. Some of the new entries are a bit on the weirdo side since I felt like the previous 60 or so were leaning a bit too far into the melodramatic side.

Anyway, there are ten spots left if anyone else wants to add to it.

A hexcrawl might be a bit sprawling for this, i'm not sure yet. If I don't end up running something set on the Island, I might settle on ASE, which I think kind of straddles my needs for gonzo weirdness with  what most people think of as D&D. And I love big ass dungeons. AND I'm not that good at map design, so it might be a good option.

I need to pull the trigger on one of these soon. Your experience with either Isle of the Unknown or ASE would be worth hearing. EDIT: Solved in next post.

I've also been working on a notebook-only barbarian space fantasy setting idea that I'll start sharing soon but I'm trying to keep focus on what I need for the actual gaming looming ahead.

1 comment: